Our Organic Certification
Real certification you can trust
Australian Certified Organic is the gold standard for real high-level organic certification; there is no higher standard in Australia. Our “gold standard” certification number for Synergy Natural Organic products is 101030P .
Here are 3 examples of the certification:
- Real certification requires at least 95% of ingredients by mass be certified organic. Other certifiers accept as little as 20% or less.
- Real certification won’t allow use of synthetic vitamins (eg. pro-vitamin B5) or synthetic surfactants (eg. coco glucoside, coco betaine) while other Australian certifiers will allow these and other harmful synthetics.
- Real certifiers like ACO not only prohibit toxic solvents being used as ingredients, they check if these toxins were used in the extraction of any other ingredients. Other Australian certifiers do not check; a loophole for toxins to silently enter products which still get labelled 'certified organic'.
So next time you see a company or product range claiming to be 'certified organic', take a closer look and see if their claim is real. Ask yourself:
- Are all the products certified, each one bearing the logo of a reputable certifier like ACO? or do they use deceptive "home brand" Organic certification ?
- Do they use synthetic ingredients?